Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sliding Glass Doors


I despise sliding glass doors. I once had the misfortune of running into one and I have never forgotten it. But really! How are you supposed to be able to tell if it's open or not?!? I was at my grandma's house and because she is a clean freak, her sliding glass door is always spotless. SPOTLESS! No streaks or smudges or anything. So the day I ran into it, I remember staring at it, trying to decide whether it was open or not. I finally decided that it was and broke into a run so I could go outside, only to be forcefully stopped by the door about two seconds later.....apparently it wasn't open.....and then all my cousins and aunts and uncles laughed at me........and now I have a phobia of sliding glass doors because they will always, always make you look like an idiot. I mean, if you can't tell whether or not it's open, you have one of two choices:

1. Walk at the door and look like an idiot/have a really bad headache if the door is actually closed.

2. Slowly shuffle toward the door with your arms held out like a blind person so as to protect yourself from running into it, but then look really stupid if the door is, in fact, open.

Moral of the story: buy a house with a real door.

No comments:

Post a Comment